Husband, software engineer, tech nerd in Minneapolis, MN. He/him.
- Over 8 years of software engineering experience.
- A wide breadth of experience across architecture, technical leadership, development, devops, security, and testing.
- Enthusiastic, and eager to continually improve and gain new knowledge.
Languages: PHP 7 (Symfony/etc), Typescript/JS (browser/NodeJS), Java, Python, HTML/CSS
Tech: AWS/GCP, Linux, REST/GraphQL APIs, messaging/queuing (SQS/SNS, PubSub, etc), Redis, memcached, docker, MySQL/Postgres, NoSQL, nginx/Apache
Tools: git, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, CircleCI/Travis/Bitbucket Pipelines
Senior Site Reliability Engineer at SilverCloud Health - Nov 2020 - Present
Senior Software Engineer at PinkLion AI - Feb 2020 - Mar 2020
At PinkLion AI I architected, built, and tested a data pipeline leveraging messaging architecture with FaaSs. It was deployed using Terraform to move millions of documents through an AI pipeline in minutes, backing up all stages of the pipeline into a data warehouse. The pipeline piped the data into a RESTful API deployed to a Kubernetes cluster I deployed with Terraform.
Senior Software Engineer at Kipsu Inc. - Feb 2014 - Jan 2020
- Mentored engineers and guided leadership on development, devops, design, and security; presented stack, devops, and security topics to team to spread knowledge.
- I designed a set of messaging architecture microservices that replaced core functionality.
- Designed and built major core systems, leading development on many backend systems.
- Maintained core systems, including through major language level changes across all parts of the software lifecycle; pushed for continuous improvement at all times.
- Four separate times I lowered the primary DB utilization by 50% through redesigns, code improvements, and caching.
- Started the security working group to focus efforts to help the growing organization stay secure. I discovered and reported code vulnerabilities, including many of a critical level. I designed the system used to rank and report vulnerabilities.
Freelance Web Developer - Mar 2012 - Jan 2014
- Web development for a variety of domestic and international clients.
- Projects varied from changes to ISP billing systems to building out an interactive previewing feature for a printing service, to scraping thousands of retail supplier data records for a retailer
B.S. Computer Science / Metropolitan State University - 2017